Next Friday, October 13th at 7pm, the Circle of Life Youth will be hosting a simple Holy Hour and Candlelight Rosary Procession with the statue of Our Lady of Fatima around the Treasure Island neighborhood. Meet at St. Luke for the 7pm Holy Hour, followed by the Procession.
This is to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions, so please come for this momentous occasion! Here are the other updates for this coming week:
1. NCYC – Remember that the deadline for payment will be at our mandatory meeting. We are asking $175 per person with the hope to fundraise the rest. Go to circleoflifeyouth.com/ncyc for more information.
2. CHWC – Our Mission Trip with Catholic Heart Work Camp (CHWC) is next summer, July 15-21, 2017. We have 12 spots to fill (high school only), and it’s first-come first-serve. Deadline to for first non-refundable deposit of $100 will be December 1.
3. Saints Alive – We are still in need of actors and actresses for our Saints Alive Production! St. Luke’s Fall Festival on Oct 21 and St. Rita’s Fall Festival on Nov 4. If you’re interested, practice will be THIS WEDNESDAY, Oct 4 @ 6:30pm (St. Luke).
4. March for Life – Our trip to D.C. is happening regardless of numbers, but I need your commitment ($50 deposit) no later than Nov 1 so I know if I have enough to justify renting a charter bus. Go to circleoflifeyouth.com/marchforlife for the most up-to-date information for this great pilgrimage!
5. Regular Gatherings – Our regular meetings are changing a bit this fall as we continue to develop the Circle of Life Youth! Instead of twice-monthly hang-out times, we are shifting to special events to invite new friends! Our next big regular gathering will take place AFTER the National Catholic Youth Conference, but our Saints Alive practices and GAP meetings should still go on as planned. Speaking of GAP…
6. GAP – Our small discipleship groups are going through some growing pains as we develop a better approach to establishing commitment. Stay in touch with your mentors and continue your meetings until further notice! More to come on this!
7. Don’t forget to say your Guardian Angel prayers every day, and stay confident in the battles ahead! Oh yes, and smile–God is good, all the time!
In Christ, for Love & Life!
– John Sohl, CYM
The Circle of Life Youth