Circle of Life: Come to St Luke church (4211 Jim Hawkins Dr) TOMORROW, Friday Oct 13 at 7-9pm for the 100th Anniversary of Fatima! Holy hour with Confessions and then a candlelight procession with the statue of Our Lady around the entire neighborhood! Come prepared for a powerful experience you will never forget!!!
Month: October 2017
Our Instagram Account is Active Again!
Good evening everyone!
Don’t forget about next Friday, October 13th — Our Lady of Fatima Celebration at 7pm, St. Luke. We will be saying the rosary processing by candlelight around the Treasure Island neighborhood after a simple Holy Hour in the church. Come prepared for a night worthy of remembrance!
Also, be sure to check out our Instagram account for regular updates as well. @circleoflifeyouth and hopefully, our WordPress Posts will be auto-posting to Instagram from now on as well!
Click HERE for our latest information concerning our upcoming opportunities!
In Christ, for Love & Life!
John Sohl, CYM
The Circle of Life Youth
Our Lady of Fatima Celebration!
Next Friday, October 13th at 7pm, the Circle of Life Youth will be hosting a simple Holy Hour and Candlelight Rosary Procession with the statue of Our Lady of Fatima around the Treasure Island neighborhood. Meet at St. Luke for the 7pm Holy Hour, followed by the Procession.
This is to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions, so please come for this momentous occasion! Here are the other updates for this coming week:
1. NCYC – Remember that the deadline for payment will be at our mandatory meeting. We are asking $175 per person with the hope to fundraise the rest. Go to circleoflifeyouth.com/ncyc for more information.
2. CHWC – Our Mission Trip with Catholic Heart Work Camp (CHWC) is next summer, July 15-21, 2017. We have 12 spots to fill (high school only), and it’s first-come first-serve. Deadline to for first non-refundable deposit of $100 will be December 1.
3. Saints Alive – We are still in need of actors and actresses for our Saints Alive Production! St. Luke’s Fall Festival on Oct 21 and St. Rita’s Fall Festival on Nov 4. If you’re interested, practice will be THIS WEDNESDAY, Oct 4 @ 6:30pm (St. Luke).
4. March for Life – Our trip to D.C. is happening regardless of numbers, but I need your commitment ($50 deposit) no later than Nov 1 so I know if I have enough to justify renting a charter bus. Go to circleoflifeyouth.com/marchforlife for the most up-to-date information for this great pilgrimage!
5. Regular Gatherings – Our regular meetings are changing a bit this fall as we continue to develop the Circle of Life Youth! Instead of twice-monthly hang-out times, we are shifting to special events to invite new friends! Our next big regular gathering will take place AFTER the National Catholic Youth Conference, but our Saints Alive practices and GAP meetings should still go on as planned. Speaking of GAP…
6. GAP – Our small discipleship groups are going through some growing pains as we develop a better approach to establishing commitment. Stay in touch with your mentors and continue your meetings until further notice! More to come on this!
7. Don’t forget to say your Guardian Angel prayers every day, and stay confident in the battles ahead! Oh yes, and smile–God is good, all the time!
In Christ, for Love & Life!
– John Sohl, CYM
The Circle of Life Youth
I stood there, alone and trembling, in the fading light, gazing with unseeing eyes at a world I had ruined forever.
It was a simple choice: yes or no. But it put it in such language and so many words that by the end, even I scarcely knew which I picked. It told me first that it was a choice between me and him; my will and his will; my decision versus his command. Then, ever so slightly, I was invited to think, not of an objective decision, but of potential personal changes that could happen within me. Look inside yourself, it said. See the worlds you have yet to discover. There were rooms, halls, and whole chambers within my soul that I had never thought were there before. I could see with my heart names — names such as ecstasy, trauma, elation, terror, passion, frenzy, and yes, even hate — names coupled with very vague sensations which left me tantalized but yet unfulfilled. I wanted — I felt that I needed — to know more. I needed to experience more of what I could be — not who, but what. I needed to discover more.
Then it became an opportunity to look beyond myself at the vast world around me. There was a terrestrial universe yet to discover, and all of it was given to me as my domain. It might take a million years to travel on foot — but who said I only had to travel on foot? All creativity was placed in my hand. I could harness the fire of the sun, I could travel through the wind on wings of my own devision, I could skim along the ground as easily as the angels. I could explore, not only the earth, but the heavens as well. I could push beyond, erupting in among the stars in a device only I could have created. And oh, what a difference I could make. My children down through all the years and generations would look back to me and be eternally grateful.
I felt his presence behind me. “What are you thinking about?”
“That sounds magnificent. Everything you say sounds magnificent. For everything is magnificent. Eva, in time we will travel this world. We will mark it out as our own. And when our time comes, we will teach our children to do the same. Perhaps in their time, or in their children’s time, our line will stretch to the heavens — maybe the sun, maybe the moon, or maybe the vast lamps in the sky. Every piece will fall into place according to the plan.”
“I see the plan. Yet the plan is so distended — we have time now. We have vigor now. We have passion now. Why wait and waste our time traveling by foot our whole lives when we can create wings like the birds? Why hope that our children’s children will touch the stars when we ourselves may do so tomorrow? We can uncover more of the plan if we hurry it along.”
It looked at me again as I turned away from him. He will never understand. Neither of them will. Not unless you make them. Do you will to see? Do you will that he should see?
“Yes, I will it.”
Then let me enter you. Let me know you in your uttermost depths, where even he has not yet attained. Do you will it?
At that instant, it came into me. It flooded my senses so that every single chamber was illuminated with the most brilliant light of self-knowledge. I felt ecstasy, trauma, elation, terror, passion, frenzy, an yes, even hate. I understood them all in an instant. Everything was clear. Everything was. . . unexplainable.
And then I turned to him. I uttered it to him. I motioned it to him. Yet it did not leave me; it merely replicated itself and entered him. It was now they.
“What are you thinking about?” I asked him.
And then we felt his presence. A terror such as the universe had never known flooded us at that moment. They trembled inside of us and threw us to the ground. All in an instant, I knew who it was that had made me, and I knew how inadequate I was to face him.
You know what happened next. Every easily attainable joy flew an eternity beyond my reach. My ability to hold back tears vanished and the despondency fell unchecked over my flushed cheeks. My heart beat erratically and stabbing pains afflicted me. Animal skin covered my body and scratched at my flesh. I heard the voice of the almighty, “Eva. . . Eva. . . Eva. . .” Those words burned in my soul. And all of the crystal clarity was consumed by the it that had become they. Instead, the only thing that remained clear to me was the stinging, prophetic shame that told me it would multiply itself, just as it had when I first spread it to him, unto every child my line would ever see. It had become they. They would now become legion, for they would be many.
Outside the gates of Eden, I stood there, alone and trembling, in the fading light, gazing with unseeing eyes at a world I had ruined forever.
They whispered across the desolation, I will never leave you.
Adam touched my hand and whispered, I still will never leave you.
And a tiny whisper of peace promised, I will return.